Cookies & IP Addresses
Modify cookie settings for this site
To change cookie settings if you’re having trouble with things like viewing videos and other embedded (external) content, please click here.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is created and stored by your browser when you visit a website. They are useful for remembering things like logins, user-preferences and behaviour.
What is an IP address?
An IP address is a label which is used to identify one or more devices on a computer network, such as the internet. It is comparable to a postal address. The IP address of the device you are using online may change from time to time but it will always be able to be recorded by the server for any current session.
Use of ‘functional’ cookies by this site.
We use very few cookies of our own as there are no public logins nor commenting. These are the cookies set directly by davedoogan.scot:
- wordpress_test_cookie – set by WordPress to check if cookies are enabled on the browser. This cookie is used on the front-end, even if you are not logged in. This is a ‘Session’ Cookie and will be deleted when you next close your browser.
- happyforms_logger – set by our contact form, if contact page is visited. Is a purely functional ‘Session’ Cookie and will be deleted when you next close your browser.
- cookies_and_content_security_policy – set once ‘Accept’ is clicked in the site cookie notice. This notice will stay in place until clicked and, until clicked, no Analytics or Social Media cookies will be set in your browser. The cookie is set with a 12 month life and will remember your cookie preferences during that 12 month period.
- ls_smartpush – set by LiteSpeed, the cache technology we use to speed up site delivery. The software does not directly process any personally identifiable information from visitors and the cookie will expire after two months.
Other cookies set on this site.
We may display Social Media feeds and embedded third-party services on this site as follows:
We may use a WordPress plugin to embed Tweets on this site. Unless there is any user-initiated action (such as Liking a Tweet) then no cookies are set.
Link: Twitter cookie notice.
We may use a WordPress plugin to embed Facebook Posts on this site. Unless there is any user-initiated action (such as Sharing a Post) then no cookies are set.
Link: Facebook cookie notice.
We use a WordPress plugin to embed videos from Vimeo. If a user has clicked the additional ‘Accept’ button in the video player then Vimeo will set (accurate at time of writing, January 2022) two cookies – vuid with an expiry date of 2 years, used to monitor the player performance, and player with an expiry date of 1 year – neither of these cookies are used to track individuals.
Link: Vimeo cookie notice.
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE – if ‘Accept all’ has been clicked in our cookie notice then YouTube will set this cookie – it is used to measure user bandwidth and deliver content accordingly. Has an expiry date of 8 months. Again, if ‘Accept all’ was clicked then YouTube set an additional cookie called YSC which is set on pages with embedded YouTube video – it’s a purely functional ‘Session’ Cookie and will be deleted when you next close your browser.
Link: YouTube’s embedded video information page
We do not use Google Analytics nor do we serve any adverts but, on our contact form we may use Google reCAPTCHA V3 to minimise spam and the 3 cookies are set there by google.com: OTZ, CONSENT and NID.
- Google cookies may also be set by Google when visiting an Event page where we display a Google map. These are NID, ANID, and CONSENT.
IP address usage, Facebook.